Popular Posts

Saturday 14 July 2012

Lucky Break



It has been a lucky break.
After reaching my breaking point
and nearly breaking down in front of him.
Then breaking out in a cold sweat
Then thinking him about to break my dream
when he became emotional and his voice broke.

"How can I break this to you...?" he began.

"Go for broke!" I said. He did!

In the dream, lost and hungry in an overgrown brake,
I had broken off a succulent and eaten it.
At once strange body parts had broken through my skin.
I had consumed the Devil's Breakfast and would never die.

The Doc broke in upon my thoughts: "You have three years!"
Such relief! Immortality would have broken me for sure!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That must have been SOME strong succulent!!

Dave King said...

Mary
Agreed!

Leovi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leovi said...

Excellent existentialist poem, get rid of immortality no longer a great relief. Greetings.