Popular Posts

Monday 17 June 2013

Making It Up


I knew when he started to giggle
that he was going to cave in.
All evening he'd been chattering,
on and on, all a load of moonshine.
At any minute I had thought I
would wake up from his crazy, surreal world.
Mind you, a sudden awakening like that
can shatter all sense of anything
approaching the reality I seek.
Therefore, I decided to ride it out.
Anything he said I would write up later
and somehow make a scoop of it. My editor
would cut me in, I knew, and split
his ill-gotten gains with me.

Wtitten to The Sunday Wordle 113.

8 comments:

J Cosmo Newbery said...

You got a nice even and logical flow happening in this - I like it.

Anonymous said...

Cleverly made up.

Brian Miller said...

ha. if you cant escape you might as well use what you have been given....smiles...

The Weaver of Grass said...

I like the idea of writing to a set of given words Dave - it sharpens the mind.

Nanka said...

LOL!! Another scoop, an editor and reporter working hand in glove!!

Breaking news for another channel!!:)

Made it up but could be true to life somewhere in another part of the world!!:)

Old Egg said...

A flawless performance! It was a delight to read.

Dave King said...

J Cosmo
Thanks for saying. Glad you think so and very happy to have you aboard.

irenet23
Hi! and welcome. Good to have you visiting. Thank you for your comment.

Brian
Dat's my philosophy, yesssssssssssiree!

The Weaver of Grass
Yes, I think so, though it didn't appeal to me for a long time and I avoided it, but I have found it useful for just that reason.

Nanka
Yes, very made up, but largely assembled from bits I've heard somewhere sometime.

oldegg
Many thanks for dropping by to give your thoughts. Great to have you - and them.

Piotr LA said...

I like it. thank you for sharing blog post with us.
adultwork London